I’m proud of my conservative record representing the 7th Congressional District. You can look at my voting record here
, or see an overview of my stance on important issues here
Recent awards and ratings include:
- The American Conservative Union gave me the "ACU Conservative Award” for my commitment to the principles of limited government, traditional values and a strong national defense. I have a 93% lifetime voting record with the ACU.
- The National Rifle Association gave me a 100% voting record for my work to protect our Second Amendment Rights.
- The Family Research Council gave me the "True Blue Award” for my 100% voting record on pro-family, religious freedom issues.
- Freedom Works gave me a 76% voting record for my efforts to support free enterprise and constitutionally limited government.
- Citizens Against Government Waste gave me the "Hero Award” for my voting record on legislation that cuts taxes and spending.
- The National Federation of Independent Business gave me the "Guardian of Small Business Award” for my 100% voting record on legislation that supports America’s small business owners.
- The U.S. Chamber of Commerce gave me the "Spirit of Enterprise Award” for my 89% lifetime voting record on pro-growth, pro-business legislation.
- The International Foodservice Distributors gave me the "Thomas Jefferson Award" for my support of free market principals.
- The Faith and Freedom Coalition gave me the “Friend of Freedom Award” for my 100% voting record on legislation that reduces the scope of government and protects our freedom.
- Numbers USA gave me an “A” for my 92% voting on legislation to stop illegal immigration.
- Club for Growth gave me an 80% lifetime voting record on legislation that strengthens the economy and shrinks the size of the federal government.
- The National Right Life Committee gave me a 100% voting record on pro-life legislation.
- The National Association of Manufacturers gave me the “NAM Award for Manufacturing Legislative Excellence” for my 93% voting record on legislation to boost employment and grow our economy.
- 60 Plus gave me the “Guardian of Seniors’ Rights Award” for my commitment to reforming the tax code in a way that is simpler and fairer for everyone.